FPSB India has about 50 charter members who have recognized CFPCM Course and have been encouraging their employees to clear the certification. These charter members are also keen on hiring fresh graduates with CFPCM certification. The charter members of FPSB are nothing but the financial service institutions like Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Franklin Templeton mutual fund etc.
As per FPSB India guidelines, a candidate should ideally complete the 4 Es i.e. Education, Examination, Experience and Ethics. The CFPCM course consists of 6 subjects. To get the certificate one has to clear the examinations set by FPSB India. CFPCM certification modules are;
• Introduction to financial planning
• Risk analysis and insurance planning
• Retirement planning
• Investment planning
• Tax and estate planning
• Advanced financial planning
There is no examination for the first module but the content of the same is tested in the rest of modules. There are 2 different pathways of pursuing CFPCM certification;
• CFPCM Regular Pathway
• CFPCM Challenge Status Pathway
CFPCM Regular pathway:
Any individual with 10+2 qualification can start pursuing CFPCM course under regular pathway. Since there is no examination for the first module, the rest of the four modules need to be cleared before appearing for last module examination i.e., advanced financial planning. Upon clearing the last module exam a candidate is eligible to apply for CFPCM certification.
The examination details are given under;
• The exams are conducted every day through online platform provided by NSE-IT centers
• All the exams are multiple choice questions based
• There is no negative marking for the wrong answers
• 50% is the passing mark
• The duration of the exam for first 4 papers is 2 hours and last module exam is 4hrs
• The results are published immediately
Once the final exam is cleared, a candidate can apply for CFPCM charter membership. An individual should have 3 years of experience in financial services industry to get the membership or to obtain the certification.
Knowise CFPCM Training:
At Knowise, we have been training CFPCM aspirants since 2009. The CFPCM regular pathway training program is designed in such a way that it is suited for both freshers and industry professionals. The classes are conducted over weekends. Some of the salient features of Knowise CFP training include:
Classes handled by faculties with CFPCM certification and rich industry experience
• Excel based training program for better understanding of the concept
• Compact batch size which ensures individual attention towards participants
• Assistance to candidates for registration with FPSB for CFPCM course and blocking examination
• The course materials includes the text books, presentations prepared by Knowise and practice questions
• We hold 90%+ passing rate in CFPCM since 2009
The duration of the training program is 120 hours which will be covered over a period of 6 months. The training for each module of CFPCM certification would be of 20 hours. Candidate can look at completing each module in a month’s time and take the examination immediately. The classes are conducted on Sundays between 9.00am to 2.00pm.
For CFPCM regular pathway training program, we launch a new batch every month. The enrollment process is completed via email or in the office premises of Knowise. Upon enrollment, we would take the candidate through the basic concepts of Time value of money using excel and introduction to financial planning module.